July 22, 2012

The Traveler


It's surprising what you can do with four days alone. In a new city. It's nice to be a tourist once in a while. But moreover, it's better to be a traveler. It was once said that, "the traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see." I know I prefer to be in the first group, and that's exactly what I did this weekend. 
I started it all off with a fantastic brunch at Taco Xpress with Amber Anderson, the ever so talented wedding planner over at Heavenly Day Events. She was kind enough to let me play 20 questions about the wedding planning world on her Saturday morning. From there, I let wrong turns lead to found treasures, a search for cheap house plants spark a friendship, and  surprised myself with my frying pan skills. Most importantly, I found you don't have to travel far at all to find your self. 


No comments:

Post a Comment